(HealthDay News) -- Don't sit idly by as your New Year's resolutions about exercise slip away with the passing months.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The American Council on Exercise suggests how you can meet your fitness goals all year long:
- Make sure your goals are attainable and realistic, and that you include short-term goals.
- Resolve to make a series of small changes that add up to big results.
- Be specific. Instead of resolving to exercise more, plan on a particular activity on certain days of the week.
- Make sure your goals are based on your personal, strong desire to make changes for yourself, not someone else.
- Get creative in finding ways to exercise, such as walking more during errands.
- Plan for obstacles, and remember to reward yourself when you succeed.
- Create a support system to help you stick with your goals.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter