(HealthDay News) -- The office can be full of temptations that can derail your healthy eating plan, but if you're prepared you don't have to give in to those temptations.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The American Council on Exercise lists these suggestions to help you stick to a healthy eating plan at the office:
- Create a meal plan for your meals at work, and decide what you'll eat for each meal and snack each day at the office; pay attention to your office cafeteria's menu so you know to bring something healthy on days when their offerings might tempt you.
- Prepare your meals and snacks for the next day the night before so you're not rushed and tempted to skip it.
- Eat a nutritious, balanced breakfast each morning; include a combination of fruits, vegetables, lean protein and whole grains.
- Avoid high-fat, processed foods for lunch and try to eat freshly prepared foods whenever you can.
- Indulge in healthy treats or small portions of your favorite desserts; try satisfying your craving with berries or a single-size portion of candy or dessert.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.