(HealthDay News) -- Controlling your diet is an important part of managing diabetes, and working with a registered dietician (R.D.) can help.
Latest Diabetes News
The American Diabetes Association says an R.D. can help you:
- Learn how to balance activity and the foods you eat.
- Learn to read food labels and make the best choices.
- Create a daily meal plan.
- Plan for special events and dining out.
- Learn to incorporate ethnic foods into your diet.
- Understand how to make healthy substitutions and find helpful cookbooks.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Diabetes Newsletter