(HealthDay News) -- When muscle cramps strike, there are things you can do to ease the pain and get moving again.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these suggestions:
- Take a break from whatever activity triggered the cramp.
- Gently and slowly stretch the cramped muscle, holding the position until the cramp eases.
- Gently massage the cramp.
- If muscles are tight and tense, apply heat.
- If muscles are sore and tender, apply ice.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter