(HealthDay News) -- Gardening is an enjoyable way to get physical activity and tone your muscles.
The American Council on Exercise suggests how to tone up while working in the garden:
- Start off slowly to avoid soreness and injury.
- Work in your garden for 30 minutes to an hour at a time at least three times per week.
- Turn your compost pile and pull weeds by hand to work your upper body muscles.
- Use hoeing and raking to strengthen your upper body and trunk.
- Dig in the dirt to work your thigh muscles.
- Use a push mower to get in a cardiovascular workout.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter