(HealthDay News) -- Broiling is a healthy way to cook fish that also provides great flavor. If you haven't broiled before, a few basic tips can help you broil your fish to perfection.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics lists these tips for broiling delicious, healthy fish.
- Understand how the technique works -- broiling is basically like grilling food upside down, since the heat comes from above the food instead of below it.
- Use aluminum foil to line a baking dish, and spray it with cooking spray.
- Place the fish in the dish, skin side down.
- Slide the baking dish into the oven about 5 inches away from the broiler.
- Fish should appear flaky and opaque when done; test it with a food thermometer to make sure it has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter