(HealthDay News) -- If you're a senior, make the most of each dental visit by preparing a list of questions to ask to maintain good dental health.
The American Dental Association lists these tips to help you prepare for your dentist appointment:
- Make a list of all of your medications, and be sure to include both prescription and over-the-counter drugs, vitamins and herbal supplements.
- Make a list of all your allergies and medical conditions.
- Write down phone numbers and contact information for all your other doctors, health care providers and any previous dentists you have seen.
- Bring a list of emergency medical contacts, who may be required to make medical decisions on your behalf if there is an emergency.
- Bring your Medicaid and/or dental insurance cards.
- Bring your dentures or partials to the visit, even if you're not currently wearing them.
Latest Oral Health News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter