(HealthDay News) -- The laundry room can be a potentially dangerous place for young children, but taking precautions can help reduce the risk of accidents.
Latest Healthy Kids News
The American Academy of Pediatrics lists these laundry room safety guidelines:
- Store all laundry products in original packaging with labels intact.
- Always follow all instructions on laundry products and become familiar with the safety information.
- Never mix laundry detergent with household cleaners or ammonia, as those may produce harmful fumes.
- Store all laundry products (especially those in spray bottles) in a high, locked cabinet out of reach of children -- never on top of the washer or dryer.
- Properly dispose of laundry containers and do not reuse them; promptly and thoroughly clean up spills and wash hands after touching laundry products.
- Keep the laundry room door closed and locked to keep children out.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.