Latest Arthritis News
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons lists these suggestions to help slow the progression of hip arthritis:
- Allow your hips to rest, and don't overuse the joints.
- Practice a physical-therapy regimen that includes gentle exercises such as swimming, cycling and water aerobics to maintain joint function and motion.
- Try taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Make sure you get plenty of sleep every night.
- If you are overweight, lose weight.
- Consider using a cane to ease strain on the joint if your arthritis worsens.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.