Latest Digestion News
The National Sleep Foundation lists these suggestions to help keep GERD under control so you can get a better night's sleep:
- Don't lie down after eating a big meal.
- Try to eat smaller meals instead of large ones; practice an upright but relaxed posture as you eat.
- Try to avoid onions, chocolate and high-fat foods, as well as alcohol.
- Don't take potassium supplements.
- Take medications while sitting in an upright position and swallow with a lot of water.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter