Latest Mental Health News
The Cleveland Clinic suggests how to practice focused imagery:
- Visualize a peaceful, relaxing image to help you tune out stress.
- Go to a quiet spot where you can relax without interruption.
- Get into a comfortable position, either sitting or lying down.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply a few times.
- Imagine paradise in your mind, whether it's relaxing on a beach or fishing on a lake. Imagine all of the sights, sounds and smells.
- Frequently imagine this paradise, especially when you feel stressed. Perhaps play an audio tape that reminds you of your image.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.