(HealthDay News) -- You may develop a case of the winter blues as the weather gets colder and the days become shorter.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice to help battle the winter blues:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids, especially water.
- Hone in on a hobby, such as making your own crafts or reading more.
- Take up a new winter sport, such as skiing or ice skating.
- Cut back on dietary portion sizes, and add more fruits and vegetables to your menu.
- Adjust your sleep schedule -- go to sleep earlier and wake earlier in the morning.
Latest Depression News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.