(HealthDay News) -- It's easy to derail your diet plan while you're on vacation. But experts say you can enjoy the local fare without packing on the extra pounds.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers this advice:
- If the local foods are rich in fat and calories, eat them in moderation.
- If you order a large portion, split it with one or two others.
- Eat small meals throughout the day, rather than gorging yourself all at once.
- Take a sightseeing walk, or find some other form of physical activity.
- If you're driving to your destination, pack healthy snacks, such as fruits and veggies.
- Drink water or 100 percent fruit juice. Avoid beverages with added sugar.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.