Latest Oral Health News
The American Dental Association lists these tips to help manage dry mouth in seniors:
- If you are using an over-the-counter mouthwash or spray, it may be contributing to dry mouth.
- Talk to your doctor about the medications you are taking and ask if you can make any adjustments to help with dry mouth.
- Carry a water bottle with you and drink throughout the day.
- Suck on sugar-free lozenges or chew sugar-free gum to help with saliva production.
- Run a humidifier in your home.
- Avoid irritating foods and drinks, including coffee, soda, alcohol and fruit juice high in acids.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.