(HealthDay News) -- Frozen produce can be just as healthy and delicious as fresh varieties, but you have to read labels carefully to be sure you're not downing extra calories.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics lists these guidelines for choosing the healthiest frozen produce:
- Stick to plain frozen veggies and avoid those packaged in sauces.
- Always read labels to check fat and calorie content.
- Make sure any frozen juice is 100 percent juice.
- Get adventurous with frozen veggies and experiment with frozen artichoke hearts, edamame, bell peppers and fruits such as blueberries and mangoes.
- Enjoy the convenience of prepared frozen produce by choosing sliced stir-fry vegetables.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2013 HealthDay. All rights reserved.