(HealthDay News) -- Before you visit any holiday buffet, be careful if you have a food allergy.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology mentions these important recommendations:
- Ask about the ingredients in any dish before you taste it.
- Remember that any food can be cross-contaminated while being prepared alongside other dishes.
- Don't eat any food if you don't feel comfortable that it doesn't contain something to which you're allergic.
- If necessary, bring your own food to a party or eat before you leave.
- Carry an emergency epinephrine kit with you at all times.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter