(HealthDay News) -- Arthritis in one or both knees can make it painful and difficult to bend, run or walk.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons offers these suggestions to help ease knee arthritis pain and discomfort:
- Lose any excess weight to ease strain and stress on the knees.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Undergo physical therapy.
- Switch from high-impact exercise such as running to low-impact exercise such as walking or swimming.
- Use a supportive device, such as energy-absorbing shoes, a brace or a cane.
Latest Arthritis News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Arthritis Newsletter