Latest Heart News
(HealthDay News) -- If you want to improve your heart health, it may require a long-term commitment to changing your lifestyle.
The American Heart Association offers these heart-healthy suggestions:
- Replace your bad habits with healthier habits.
- Creating new habits takes time, possibly as long as 90 days.
- Approach these changes as replacing bad habits, rather than as depriving yourself.
- Create several small, short-term goals out of one big one.
- Be accountable to a friend you trust.
- Let yourself indulge every once in a while.
- Replace TV with daily exercise.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.