Latest Alzheimer's News
- Sudoku, Crosswords Make Your Brain Years Younger
- Exercise, Healthy Eating Can Reduce Dementia Risk
- 'Robopets' Bring Companionship to Nursing Homes
- Hormone Therapy for Prostate Cancer, Dementia Risk
- Alzheimer's Spread Like an Infection Through Brain
- Want More News? Sign Up for MedicineNet Newsletters!
The American Academy of Family Physicians mentions these tips to help people with dementia sleep better:
- Create a consistent bedtime routine and morning wake time.
- Create obvious ways to tell the time of day, such as placing clocks in visible areas and opening blinds.
- Limit the amount of caffeine, sugar and junk food in the person's diet.
- Encourage daily exercise early in the day.
- Cut down on napping.
- Create a peaceful bedroom environment.
- Make sure to control any pain.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.