Latest Alzheimers News
The American Academy of Family Physicians mentions these tips to help people with dementia sleep better:
- Create a consistent bedtime routine and morning wake time.
- Create obvious ways to tell the time of day, such as placing clocks in visible areas and opening blinds.
- Limit the amount of caffeine, sugar and junk food in the person's diet.
- Encourage daily exercise early in the day.
- Cut down on napping.
- Create a peaceful bedroom environment.
- Make sure to control any pain.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter