Latest Pregnancy News
The academy offers these food safety suggestions for pregnant women:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Make sure you keep raw meat separate from ready-to-eat foods.
- Always cook food thoroughly until it reaches the appropriate temperature.
- Quickly refrigerate any leftovers to 40 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
- Avoid potentially risky foods, such as raw or undercooked eggs or meat, unpasteurized milk and raw fish.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Pregnancy & Newborns Newsletter