(HealthDay News) -- Your desire for exercise may be waning if you're bored with the same old routine.
Latest Mental Health News
The American Council on Exercise suggests how to keep your workout fun and exciting:
- Make a quick, simple change to your routine, such as kickboxing instead of step aerobics, free weights instead of machines, or running, biking or hiking instead of working out indoors.
- Begin an entirely new activity or sport.
- Join a team sport or find a workout buddy.
- Begin a cross-training regimen that switches between cardiovascular, flexibility and weight-training exercises.
- Indulge in a new workout gadget.
- Treat yourself to a bit of time off, then get back to it.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.