Latest Senior Health News
The American Dental Association offers these tips for people who care for seniors:
- Remind them to brush and floss their teeth daily.
- If they have trouble brushing or flossing, a dentist or hygienist should be able to offer suggestions.
- Schedule regular dental checkups.
- Consider possible denture problems if you notice changes in an older person's eating habits.
- Don't neglect an older person's dental care, since bacteria from the mouth ultimately can trigger pneumonia.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Senior Health Newsletter