(HealthDay News) -- Proper technique, protection and training are essential to preventing soccer injuries.
The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons offers these safety suggestions for soccer players:
- Stay in good physical shape, even in the off-season, with regular exercise and strength training.
- Always warm up and stretch before playing.
- Always cool down and stretch after playing.
- Be sure to drink enough water before and during play.
- Always wear proper safety gear, including shin guards and shoes with ribbed soles or molded cleats.
- When the field is wet, use soccer balls made of synthetic, nonabsorbent materials, instead of leather.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.