Latest Digestion News
The American Gastroenterological Association offers these general treatment suggestions:
- Eat a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet.
- Avoid foods that appear to trigger your symptoms, such as dairy products or foods that are high in fat.
- Avoid eating large meals in one sitting. Instead, have smaller meals throughout the day.
- Make sure you get enough fiber each day. But avoid a high-fiber diet, which can actually worsen some IBS symptoms.
- Consider counseling to help manage emotional health concerns.
- Research and practice stress management and relaxation methods.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.