(HealthDay News) -- Seniors are at greater risk of dental problems as they age, so oral hygiene becomes more important for healthier teeth and gums.
Latest Oral Health News
The American Dental Association suggests how to care for your pearly whites:
- Use a fluoride toothpaste when you brush your teeth twice a day.
- Floss your teeth daily.
- If you wear dentures, remove them for at least four hours per day and clean them thoroughly.
- See your dentist at least once each year.
- Drink water containing fluoride.
- If you're a smoker, quit.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.