(HealthDay News) -- Oral care is important even for newborns, long before a child's first tooth emerges.
- Starting within a few days after birth, gently wipe baby's gums clean with a clean and moist washcloth or gauze pad.
- Once teeth appear, gently brush them with a child-sized toothbrush and some water.
- Once your child is older than 2 years, brush with a small amount of fluoride toothpaste. Make sure your child spits out the toothpaste.
- When your child has two teeth that touch, floss the teeth each day.
- Continue to brush your child's teeth twice daily until you're sure he or she can brush without help.
Latest Healthy Kids News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.