(HealthDay News) -- Plantar fasciitis occurs when the long band of tissue connecting the heel to the front of the foot becomes irritated and inflamed.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons says common symptoms of plantar fasciitis include:
- Having pain that affects the bottom of the foot, especially closest to the heel.
- Having foot pain when taking the first few steps after getting out of bed.
- Having foot pain after being off your feet for an extended period.
- Having foot pain that improves by walking for a few minutes.
- Having foot pain that develops after exercise, not during.
Latest Chronic Pain News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter