Latest Diabetes News
(HealthDay News) -- Crossing time zones while adjusting your insulin doses can be tricky. Discussing your travel plans with your doctor can make the trip easier.
- Visit your doctor and bring your travel itinerary, to plan out when you should take insulin.
- Don't change your watch from your home time zone until the morning after you arrive.
- If taking insulin on the flight, be careful not to inject air into the insulin bottle.
- Check your blood glucose often, particularly once you land.
- For a few days after you land, take it easy as you adjust to the new time zone.
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.