(HealthDay News) -- People who have the loosely defined disorder fibromyalgia typically have widespread pain, and "tender points" throughout the body that hurt when pressure is applied.
Latest Chronic Pain News
The womenshealth.gov website says other symptoms of the disorder may include:
- Memory problems.
- Morning stiffness and difficulty sleeping.
- Tingling or numbness in the hands and feet.
- Irritable bowel syndrome or restless legs syndrome.
- Painful menstruation among women.
- Sensitivity to temperature, bright light or loud noise.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter