(HealthDay News) -- Ear infections are common in babies and young toddlers, who may not always be able to verbalize that something's wrong.
The National Institute on Deafness and Other Communication Disorders says symptoms of an ear infection may include:
- Pulling or tugging at the ear.
- Crying frequently or acting very fussy.
- Having trouble sleeping.
- Running a fever, which is common in young children and infants.
- Having fluid draining from the ear.
- Seeming clumsy or having trouble balancing.
- Having difficulty hearing or failing to respond to soft sounds.
Latest Hearing News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter