Latest Diabetes News
The American Diabetes Association offers these suggestions before you start working out:
- Talk to your doctor about any physical problems, including chest pain, or bone or joint problems.
- Talk to your doctor about how exercise may affect your medications.
- Track your progress; keep an exercise log or use a pedometer.
- Set realistic goals as part of your exercise plan.
- Always have water and a snack on hand, and make sure you stay hydrated.
- Wear a medical ID tag that identifies you as diabetic.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.