(HealthDay News) -- The weight-loss battle isn't over once you lose the extra pounds. The challenge becomes keeping it off.
The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions to help you maintain a healthy body weight:
- Weigh yourself weekly, so weight gain doesn't creep up on you. Also measure your waistline.
- Incorporate physical activity into your day as much as possible.
- Keep healthy foods at home at eye level. Avoid being tempted by junk food.
- Practice healthy stress management techniques, such as progressive relaxation.
- Engage a buddy in your fitness program, making exercise a social affair.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter