(HealthDay News) -- The weight-loss battle isn't over once you lose the extra pounds. The challenge becomes keeping it off.
Latest Healthy Living News
The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions to help you maintain a healthy body weight:
- Weigh yourself weekly, so weight gain doesn't creep up on you. Also measure your waistline.
- Incorporate physical activity into your day as much as possible.
- Keep healthy foods at home at eye level. Avoid being tempted by junk food.
- Practice healthy stress management techniques, such as progressive relaxation.
- Engage a buddy in your fitness program, making exercise a social affair.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's Weight Loss/Healthy Living Newsletter