Latest Mental Health News
(HealthDay News) -- No one's job is stress-free. But it's important to curtail workplace stress as much as possible to help quash possible side effects, including weight gain, high blood pressure and increased risk of heart attack.
- Not worrying about previous assignments and how you could have done better. Instead, focus on the tasks in front of you.
- Being friendly and smiling at work, and making some time for friendly conversations with co-workers.
- Communicating clearly with others to avoid misunderstandings and frustration.
- Staying positive, and not dwelling solely on problems.
- Eating well and exercising.
- Communicating frequently with your manager.
- Exploring other opportunities -- if you are very unhappy at work and don't see a possible resolution.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.