Latest Infectious Disease News
The CDC offers this advice:
- Take a bath or shower as soon as you come inside, preferably within two hours.
- Use a handheld mirror to check your body from head to toe.
- Carefully inspect children after they've played outdoors, paying attention to the underarms, belly button, ears, hair, behind the knees and between the legs.
- Inspect clothing and gear before you bring it into the home.
- Check pets for ticks when they've come inside.
- Put clothing in a dryer and tumble dry on high heat for an hour to kill any ticks that may linger.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors