- Learn to recognize when a flare-up is imminent.
- Get plenty of rest and try not to push yourself too hard.
- Try to control stress.
- Limit exposure to sunlight and halogen or fluorescent lights.
- Be careful to avoid injury or infection.
- Don't stop taking lupus medications unless your doctor says so.
- Exercise moderately, but get your doctor's approval first.
- Talk to your doctor about any other medications you are taking to see if any could trigger a lupus flare-up.
Latest Arthritis News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter