(HealthDay News) -- Social relationships are important, especially for seniors. Incorporating social activity into physical activity offers physical and emotional benefits.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The American Council on Exercise suggests how to make physical activity more social:
- Ask your friends to join you for a hike and a picnic in a park.
- Join a team sport (such as softball, soccer or tennis) and play with your friends.
- Gather a group of friends to start a walking group, and enjoy conversation and different routes while you exercise.
- Participate in a group dance class or a group fitness class.
- Ask some friends if they would like to join you in small-group training sessions with a certified fitness trainer.
- Head out on an active vacation with a group of friends or family.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.