(HealthDay News) -- There are few better ways to protect your bones and teeth than to get enough dietary calcium.
Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers these suggestions to get more calcium in your diet, without adding too much fat:
- Sprinkle your salad or soup with fat-free or low-fat shredded cheese.
- Enjoy low-fat or fat-free yogurt or cottage cheese with some fruit.
- Beef up breakfast by adding low-fat or fat-free milk to oatmeal, or low-fat cheese to an omelete.
- Have a latte made with low-fat or fat-free milk.
- Sip on a smoothie made with low-fat or fat-free milk or yogurt, along with some fruit.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.