Latest Skin News
- Choose a sunscreen that protects against both UV-A and UV-B rays with an SPF (sun protection factor) of at least 15.
- If you expect to be sweating heavily, opt for a waterproof brand.
- Look for sunscreen made for the face or something that won't sting.
- If you are sensitive to the chemical PABA (para-aminobenzoic acid), make sure the sunscreen you buy doesn't contain it.
- If you have oily or acne-prone skin, choose water-based sunscreen.
- Don't opt for one brand just because it's more expensive. It's not necessarily better.
- Check the expiration date.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.