(HealthDay News) -- Even over-the-counter medications can interact with food, beverages and other drugs, so it's important to take the these medicines carefully.
- Read the drug label carefully and only take the medication as recommended by your doctor or as instructed on the label.
- Never take a medication with alcohol.
- Never mix the medication with food or drink, unless your doctor says it's ok.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist any questions.
- Be mindful of any drug reactions you've had before, and read the label on the current drug to look for any ingredient to which you're sensitive.
- Don't take any OTC medication along with vitamins.
Latest Medications News
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter