Latest Women's Health News
(HealthDay News) -- If you've just given birth, it's important to relax, enjoy your new baby and take care of yourself.
The womenshealth.gov website offers these suggestions for brand-new moms:
- Don't try to lose a lot of weight too quickly.
- Focus on eating healthy, nutritious foods.
- When your doctor says it's ok, start a regular exercise routine.
- Be on the lookout for signs of "baby blues," medically called postpartum depression.
- Be patient as you transition to life with your new baby.
- Some women develop a post-birth thyroid problem, which could include symptoms such as lack of energy and difficulty sleeping.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors