Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
But the academy says there are things you can do to help achieve the same goal. Here are its suggestions:
- Adhere to structured, scheduled family meals and snacks with your child where you sit down together to eat.
- Be a good role model by eating healthy foods and practicing healthy eating habits.
- Eat plenty of vegetables, serve them in different ways and tell your child how much you enjoy them.
- Turn off the TV and put away cell phones while you eat.
- Set clear expectations for manners and behaviors at the table, but be realistic about what children can manage.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.