(HealthDay News) -- Your mother's plea to cover your mouth when you cough was sound medical advice, says the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Latest Infectious Disease News
The agency suggests how to prevent the spread of germs:
- When you sneeze or cough, use a tissue to cover your nose and mouth.
- Always throw your used tissue in the trash.
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow (not your hand) if you don't have a tissue.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use a hand sanitizer if you can't wash with soap and water.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.
Subscribe to MedicineNet's General Health Newsletter