Latest Sleep News
(HealthDay News) -- Nodding off may be okay while you're chaperoning a kiddy movie or at your mother-in-law's birthday party, but not when you're behind the wheel.
The National Sleep Foundation says these warning signs mean you're too tired to drive:
- Having difficulty focusing, heavy eyelids or frequent blinking.
- Daydreaming or wandering thoughts.
- Missing traffic signs or exits, or inability to remember the last few miles that you drove.
- Rubbing your eyes, yawning, or difficulty holding your head up.
- Drifting in and out of lanes, driving over a rumble strip, or riding too close to the car in front.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.