(HealthDay News) -- Sunburn can occur as quickly as 15 minutes after exposure to the sun begins, and the effects can range from mildly uncomfortable to quite painful.
Latest Skin News
The Nemours Foundation suggests how to help care for a sunburn:
- Get out of the sun as quickly as possible.
- Take a cool bath or shower, or apply a cool compress.
- Drink plenty of extra fluids for two or three days after the burn.
- Take ibuprofen or acetaminophen as needed for pain.
- Gently apply aloe gel or a moisturizing lotion.
- If you must go into the sun, cover the skin with clothing, or apply sunblock.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.