Latest Nutrition, Food & Recipes News
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics says these nutrients are especially important as we get older:
- Vitamin D and calcium, through fortified foods, low-fat dairy products, leafy green vegetables and fish.
- Vitamin B12, through fish, seafood, lean meats and vitamin B12-fortified cereals.
- Fiber, through fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Potassium, through fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy products.
- Polyunsaturated or monounsaturated fats, rather than saturated or trans fats.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.