Latest Pregnancy News
(HealthDay News) -- The foods you eat, your health habits and the medicines you take could ultimately harm your unborn baby -- even before you become pregnant.
So, experts recommend discussing your health with a doctor before you try to conceive.
The Womenshealth.gov website mentions these discussion points:
- Your birth control options and family planning.
- Taking folic acid supplements.
- Any needed screenings or vaccines, as well as managing any chronic health conditions.
- Options to improve your general health, including losing weight, becoming more active or quitting smoking.
- Suggestions for staying healthy, avoiding illness and reducing your exposure to potential hazards.
- Your family history and any problems during previous pregnancies.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.