Latest Prevention & Wellness News
The American Academy of Family Physicians offers these suggestions to care for stitches:
- Wait one to three days before getting the area wet.
- Gently wash off any crust that forms and accumulating dirt.
- If the wound seeps clear yellow fluid, you may need to apply a bandage.
- Apply antibiotic ointment if your doctor recommends doing so.
- If your doctor approves, wash and rebandage the area after 24 hours.
- Keep the area raised above your heart to help reduce pain and swelling.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.