Latest Digestion News
(HealthDay News) -- Constipation can mean passing fewer-than-normal stools during a week, or passing stools that are dry and hard, or difficult to pass.
- Changes in your exercise routine, dietary habits or travel schedule.
- Not going to the bathroom when you have the urge to produce a bowel movement.
- Being under significant stress.
- Lack of fiber or fluids in the diet.
- Taking vitamin supplements, especially iron, calcium or some pain-relieving medications.
- Medical conditions, including pregnancy, digestive problems, diabetes or thyroid problems.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.