(HealthDay News) -- Marathons require months of training and preparation, but it's also important to take care of yourself during and just before the big race.
Latest Exercise & Fitness News
The Cleveland Clinic offers these reminders:
- Make sure you eat properly and drink plenty of water.
- Lubricate the skin on any places where you may develop chafing or blisters.
- Dress in layers, so you can shed clothing as you get warmer during the race.
- Warm up with the walk to the race site and/or some light stretching.
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the race site.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.