(HealthDay News) -- It may be a challenge to select diabetes-friendly meals from a huge menu of options.
Latest Diabetes News
The American Diabetes Association suggests how to find healthy meals for diabetics:
- Always ask what's in a dish and how it's prepared; request that dishes be made without extra butter.
- Request small portion sizes, and eat your meal slowly.
- Skip high-fat dressings and toppings.
- Choose dishes that aren't breaded or fried.
- Substitute high-fat choices with healthier sides.
- Don't be afraid to ask for lower-calorie choices, such as vinegar or olive oil, even if you don't see them on the menu.
- Don't drink too much alcohol.
-- Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2012 HealthDay. All rights reserved.